Saturday, September 18, 2010

Spiritual Forces of Evil in the Heavenly Realms.

So Jason and Grant from the SyFy Channel's tv show, Ghost Hunters seem like great guys. I have nothing against them, I actually wouldn't mind meeting their TAPS crew sometime! Altough at times, as I watch their show (it does often amuse me), I had wondered why there would be "spirits" (especially of little children) left behind if the Bible said that this doesn't happen.



I realize that each and everyday it is a fight between good and evil, especially between forces we can not see. I'm reminded of a Bible verse from Ephesians 6:12, "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."

This also reminds me a bit of a movie that just came out called Legion. I've never seen the movie, although I know it has to do with good and evil forces fighting eachother over a piece of land. I remember reading a verse in the book of Mark when Jesus was walking the earth. He came across a man named who was posessed by many demons and they called themselves Legion.



Mark 5:1-13:
" 1They went across the lake to the region of the Gerasenes. 2When Jesus got out of the boat, a man with an evilb spirit came from the tombs to meet him. 3This man lived in the tombs, and no one could bind him any more, not even with a chain. 4For he had often been chained hand and foot, but he tore the chains apart and broke the irons on his feet. No one was strong enough to subdue him. 5Night and day among the tombs and in the hills he would cry out and cut himself with stones.
6When he saw Jesus from a distance, he ran and fell on his knees in front of him. 7He shouted at the top of his voice, “What do you want with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? Swear to God that you won’t torture me!” 8For Jesus had said to him, “Come out of this man, you evil spirit!”
9Then Jesus asked him, “What is your name?”
“My name is Legion,” he replied, “for we are many.” 10And he begged Jesus again and again not to send them out of the area.
11A large herd of pigs was feeding on the nearby hillside. 12The demons begged Jesus, “Send us among the pigs; allow us to go into them.” 13He gave them permission, and the evil spirits came out and went into the pigs. The herd, about two thousand in number, rushed down the steep bank into the lake and were drowned."


So after reading up on a few things and also reading more of the Bible, I believe that there is no such thing as a "ghost", if it is implying it to be a dead person's spirit which stay behind on earth. I do, however, believe there are many demons which act as or impersonate dead people as a way of leading people away from the spiritual truth, trying to decieve us anyway they can. 


The devil is doing anything he can to try to get people not to believe in God. But I want him to know that he hasn't fooled me. I'm a child of Christ and I will remain this way til the end. My family will grow up knowing that Jesus Christ is their personal Lord and Savior and we will pray to him every single night.




So a small bit of advice? Keep reading your Bible. Surround yourself with positive people and pray to be forgiven of your sins. Remember with the spirit of Christ within you, no evil spirit can harm you. You may feel like you are walking through the valley of the shadow of death, but you shouldn't fear evil, for God is with you, his rod and staff will comfort you.


1 comment:

  1. So a small bit of advice? Keep reading your Bible. Surround yourself with positive people and pray to be forgiven of your sins.

    Excellent advice because it's simple and effective and can apply to many circumstances. Spread the word, please, not just here, but almost any Christian or atheist blog you visit.

    ReplyDelete