Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Let Your Light Shine, Lord... My Wednesday Prayer.


Matthew 5:13 "You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men. 14"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. 15Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.





My own take on the verse and my added in prayer for the day:


Lord, please let your light shine in my heart today. I know the times I'm going through are still not calm waters and clear skies, but with you by my side, I know I'm going to get through it! Be with my loved ones, even the one who is half way across the country. Lord, you know she is a child of God, that is how I raised both my girls. Please put strong faithful people in my path today, to help encourage my faith. But if I meet someone today who needs to know your word and needs you to enter their heart, please give me the words to share with them so that they can know you and begin to share your light in the darkness as well.




May you all have the chance to spread the Lord's Word and light in this dark, unbelieving world. God Bless You on this wonderful Wednesday.


No comments:

Post a Comment