Friday, September 17, 2010

For This Battle is Not Yours, But God's.


My grandma called me last night to tell me of this verse in 2 Chronicles that she had just read and thought it kind of went along with what I was going through so maybe, just maybe it would make me feel a little better. She was right, it did help a little.

     15 He said: "Listen, King Jehoshaphat and all who live in Judah and Jerusalem! This is what the LORD says to you: 'Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God's. 16 Tomorrow march down against them. They will be climbing up by the Pass of Ziz, and you will find them at the end of the gorge in the Desert of Jeruel. 17 You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the LORD will give you, O Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the LORD will be with you.' " 2 Chronicles 20: 15-17.

These verses are very encouraging and just help to remind me that I am not alone in this battle I'm facing. I feel as though it's me against an entire army, but with God on my side I need to be assured this battle will not go on much longer and he already knows I'm doing the best I can to get through this. Sometimes it doesn't feel like he's near me, but I know he is there and has sent his angels many times to keep my family and I safe from harm.


No comments:

Post a Comment